Our Charleston SC electricians, at Best Electrical Services, are your experts for fluorescent ballast installation in the greater Charleston area. All gas discharge lamps, including fluorescent lamps, require a ballast to operate. The ballast provides a high initial voltage to initiate the discharge, then rapidly limits the lamp current to safely sustain the discharge. Ballasts are designed to optimally operate a unique lamp type; however, some ballast will operate more than one type of lamp. In these cases, optimum lamp performance is generally not achieved under all conditions. Less than optimum conditions may affect the lamp's starting characteristics, light output, & operating life.
Fluorescent lamps are reasonably efficient at converting input power to light. Nevertheless, much of the power supplied into a fluorescent lamp-ballast system produces waste heat energy.
There are three primary means to improving the efficiency of a fluorescent lamp-ballast system:
- Reduce the ballast losses.
- Operate the lamp(s) at a high frequency.
- Reduce losses attributable to the lamp electrodes.
Why Charleston SC Should Hire Us for Their Fluorescent Ballast Installation
Customer service is the highest priority to our professional electricians here at Best Electrical Services and to keep this in mind, we strive to follow these guidelines:
- We are fully licensed and insured.
- We will not hide behind voicemail, you will speak to a live person.
- We will show up when we say we will.
- We will not use high pressured sales or scare tactics.
- We will not perform unnecessary repairs to increase sales.
- We will always work to the highest standards.
We will do all your electrical work personally to guarantee an excellent job for you. All the electrical materials we install for your project will be the finest that are available.